What to Expect When Investing in a Custom Made Wig
This summer we’re going to focus on common additional hair questions. We hope this series will help you feel more comfortable when shopping. Feel free to join the conversation in the comments and share any questions you might have.
Just as wigs come in a wide range of shapes and colors, they are also available at different costs. On the one hand, you can buy a wig at the Halloween store for $20. On the other hand, you can go to an additional hair specialist and have a wig made for hundreds of dollars. If you are interested in having a custom piece created for you, here are a few things you should expect during the process.
- Expect your wig to be the perfect color, cut and style. Rather than being at the mercy of what you can get out of a generic wig, a custom made wig or hairpiece is created and styled only for you. Therefore you can expect the color, cut and style to match your specifications 100%. You will not need to settle.
- Expect your wig to be fitted to your exact head measurements. Your wig maker will take your full head measurements, and your custom wig will fit you like a glove. You won’t get any headaches from it being too tight, nor will you worry about it shifting or coming off altogether should it be too big.
- Expect a boost in your confidence. When you make a serious and intelligent investment in your appearance based on your budget, it can tame your anxiety and help you feel less self-conscious since you are investing in quality. This feeling of satisfaction can translate into happiness and self-confidence. One can never be too happy, or too self-confident.
- Expect maintenance and repair services. Now that you have your gorgeous, custom made wig, after a few months you’re likely to notice it is showing wear and tear just like real hair. Your wig maker should offer regular maintenance services where you can drop-off or mail-in your wig or hairpiece for a swift refresh.
- Expect your wig specialist to give you the best customer service. Your wig maker should be a good listener, professional and deliver on time. They should also take the time to thoroughly discuss all your options until you feel comfortable with the decision that you make. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and you should feel free to sleep on your decision.
- Expect the craftsmanship and knowledge of the wig maker to help you work around any issue. After over 30 years as custom wig makers, we’ve seen it all and done it all. Your wig maker should be able to successfully address your wants, needs and concerns so you can enjoy your investment to the fullest.
We’d love to hear from you. Tell us in the comments below if you have any other expectations!